A powerful, thought-provoking insight....

Give me a well-trained tongue that has been borne out of silent listening in the sanctuary of my heart.

~ sevensacredpauses by Macrina Wiederkehr



Friday, April 12, 2013

One of Those Weeks

I've just finished one of "those" weeks --  you know, the kind where the boss is out of the office all week and there's all this "open/easy" time there for use in catching up on all those things that get behind when things are crazy....Well, this week didn't quite work out that way.  Admittedly, my desk looks a whole lot better than it did last Friday; however, it isn't all done.

I've spent a lot of time this week spinning my wheels--not sure of which way to go, what to do next, etc.  A few unexpected things came up this week; in addition, our family has had a little drama going on as well.  Our favorite word is "ufdah" -- it's a Norwegian word of emotional outburst and is to very applicable to so many occasions! 

Gratefully, my husband nurtured me this week; he also helped me make the decision to go dancing earlier tonight.  So, I've had an opportunity to get some physical activity in to help clear my head.  Clearing my head...yup, that's a good idea.  I have an interview in the morning with our denomination's Regional Minister and a graveside service to offer Sunday morning.  Lots to think about.  Now, however, my body is tired and my mind is at ease.

I'll definitely keep my sermon journal by the bed in case I wake up in the middle of the night with inspirations.  God is funny like that!  I think it's because all of my defenses are down when I'm tired.  So the synapses might fire a little slower, but in the end, they fire a little more relaxed as well, keeping the lines of communication open longer.  The feeling is almost like a warmth spreading through my body, beginning in my head! 

Yummy stuff.  I see words like light and joy and healing and hope radiating with God's love.  I believe those words are the words most helpful to hear at a funeral.  They will be the basis of a short homily.

Sorry, can't keep my eyes open any longer.  g'night.

No comments: