A powerful, thought-provoking insight....

Give me a well-trained tongue that has been borne out of silent listening in the sanctuary of my heart.

~ sevensacredpauses by Macrina Wiederkehr



Sunday, April 4, 2010

On Watching My Son Be Baptized

On watching my son be baptized,
I witnessed God's loving grace enacted.
Our Pastor, eyes full of love, beckoning,
"Come into the Water."

Do you proclaim Jesus Christ
Your Lord and Savior? I do.
Thomas Lee Reiley I will baptize you
In the name of the Creator, the Son,
and the Holy Spirit.

The breath being pulled from me
As I watch my son die.
Going down deep in the Waters with Jesus
Rising up with Christ into New Life.

Holding my breath then as he stands,
So still, dripping, for a moment.
Then the blessing bestowed and
Up the stairs to Dad's waiting arms.

My son now walks wet
My son now walks with Christ, for Christ.
A journey, a path, a life anew
Hallelujah and amen!

1 comment:

Darkroast Dave said...

May the Spirit of God lay heavy on his shoulders, whisper softly in his ear and guide his steps and purpose.