A powerful, thought-provoking insight....

Give me a well-trained tongue that has been borne out of silent listening in the sanctuary of my heart.

~ sevensacredpauses by Macrina Wiederkehr



Saturday, December 5, 2009

What am I not questioning?

I've been thinking a lot recently about how I've been progressing along my spiritual path, about learning to pay attention to the leadings God is giving me along the way, how I've had to painfully experience lessons best learned that way apparently, how hard it is for me to work out and accept the answers to some difficult questions. What I've realized is that the most important element to my ministry is my authentic presence. If I can't be with the folks I'm led to minister to and be who I really am with those folks, then I've got some thinkin' to do. Over the last week, however, I have found that an ease has come over me with regard to just being with folks, and part of that "just being" is finding it possible to let the "real" me be with those folks. I've been much more open as an instrument of God's word and work for these kind people. I've heard words come out of my mouth and have an effect on them that clearly I would never have been able to come up with on my own. It's like my little "third eye" or maybe "third ear" is working -- watching and listening. It's been a good, grounding feeling. I'm actually feeling pretty steady right now. We'll have to see how long that lasts!

No comments: