A powerful, thought-provoking insight....

Give me a well-trained tongue that has been borne out of silent listening in the sanctuary of my heart.

~ sevensacredpauses by Macrina Wiederkehr



Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good Friends

Good friends are priceless. Good friends are those you call when you're upset, when you're happy, when you're confused, when you're sick. Good friends have been where you are and have "ears to listen"; they'll also tell you how it felt to them and how they made it through. If you're lucky, you have good friends who, for some unknown reasons, have immense confidence in you and aren't afraid to tell you.

I am so lucky to be loved and appreciated by a few, priceless, good friends. Friends who aren't afraid to let emotion or tears creep into the conversation. Friends who know when a conversation needs concentration and when it doesn't. Friends. I'm lucky to be married to my best friend. He's got the toughest job of all of 'em.

I thank God for my friends.

No comments: