A powerful, thought-provoking insight....

Give me a well-trained tongue that has been borne out of silent listening in the sanctuary of my heart.

~ sevensacredpauses by Macrina Wiederkehr



Monday, April 6, 2009

Knowing God's At Work

Last night, I had an awesome experience of being aware of God being at work -- seeing His hand unfold and protect and guide.  Wow!  I was aware of it as it was happening.  That's what was awesome.  That's what I have been wanting to achieve for a long time.  That's what I call synchronicity -- which is a little different than most folks' definition. God is active in our everyday lives.  Period.  Sometimes, we either don't see it, or, in reality, don't want to see it!  

I had some choices to make last night -- in my actions and my speech -- God helped me make those choices.  It's interesting that I had a conversation with my 11 year old son Saturday afternoon about the meaning of "WWJD" -- what would Jesus do?  I had that conversation with myself a few times last night.   It's an amazing process . . . actively asking and then waiting for the answer.  God works that way, you know.  I believe God wants that kind of commitment from us.  I believe that when we make that kind of commitment, God listens and responds -- quickly. I didn't have to wait for my answers.  They were as plain as day.  

The responsibility lies with me though.  If I ask, then I must listen and respond.  Just as I desire God to do.  Therein lies the problem most of the time.  I ask, then I don't listen and respond.  In reality, it's never just about the listening, it's also about the responding.  I can hear what God wants me to do, or not do, say or not say, but unless I heed the response, I've wasted my time, and God's!

No comments: