A powerful, thought-provoking insight....

Give me a well-trained tongue that has been borne out of silent listening in the sanctuary of my heart.

~ sevensacredpauses by Macrina Wiederkehr



Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wow!

What an incredible evening!  Kids in our school have been practicing for six weeks, getting ready for tonight's Arts & Talents Showcase.  Yesterday, at dress rehearsal, I was praying that the old adage about a bad rehearsal meaning a good performance was true!  And, you know, God was looking out after us.  Tonight went relatively like clockwork.  No one forgot the words to their songs, tripped, the music played, the lights worked, the audience sat enraptured with their children and their friends' children.  It was beautiful.  I was so very proud.  Last year, we had 10 acts.  This year, we had 19, which included 30 children!  

All those children now know what it means to have courage!  The courage to be their unique selves.  We had a pre-K child that played the piano and went all the way up to several fifth graders singing and/or dancing.   One parent said, "You know, I didn't cringe a single time.  This was great!"  What better praise for a school talent show?  It was incredible!

Okay, enough gushing.  Just had to share.  This, too, is part of my journey -- I just shared this patch with 30 kids and 5 grown-ups over the last six weeks.  I'm glad I'm moving on to another patch, though.  I'm tired!

No comments: