A powerful, thought-provoking insight....

Give me a well-trained tongue that has been borne out of silent listening in the sanctuary of my heart.

~ sevensacredpauses by Macrina Wiederkehr



Monday, February 2, 2009

Journaling One's Life

It's really hard.  Period.  I just spent four intense days reviewing and journaling my life.  Looking at the people, places, and things that have affected my emotional and spiritual development.  I'm exhausted.  But . . . I have to say that I've come away with a new understanding of how God has been acting in my life since I was a child.  I have gained a new perspective on this "call" thing.  A new perspective as to how can I and why am I.   The perspective is that I am.  Period.  God has worked throughout my life to shape me into what I am.  It is that "I am" which God wants to use as a way of helping others.  The truth is that we each have been shaped by God to be who and where we are as a way of helping others.  Now the really hard part is listening.  Having the courage to listen to God's call to begin the work we have so diligently been prepared for.

I'm listening.  I'm ready.  Because I am.

No comments: