A powerful, thought-provoking insight....

Give me a well-trained tongue that has been borne out of silent listening in the sanctuary of my heart.

~ sevensacredpauses by Macrina Wiederkehr



Friday, November 7, 2008

The Miracle of Healing

Healing . . . we each experience it in different ways. For the last two years, the Holy Spirit has been digging deep in my soul, carving out old hurts, old fears, old unforgiven sins. Just recently, I've begun to realize just how deeply I've been healed. That made me stop and think. Did the people Jesus healed feel the need to adjust? After the initial glorious joy and excitement at being able to see, hear, speak, walk, . . . live, did these people experience a period of adjustment? I wonder. Perhaps that's the miraculous part of any healing . . . the going forward. I believe that's where choices come in where our healing is concerned. We choose to use what we've been given to empower us to turn away from our past illnesses, physical or emotional, and go forward with a new outlook, a new vision. Maybe healing, in general, is about healing our vision, the way we look at ourselves, at other people, at the world.

I have made that decision . . . to go forward, in joy and hope and, most importantly, thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Reverend Bitch Sir! said...

Which my friend is the point of healing...to go forward, ever forward.

Daphne said...

I believe the point of healing is learning HOW to go forward, in what attitude to go forward. Yes, it only makes sense to go forward when one is healed, but how one does it, I believe, reflects the truth of the healing. I also believe that you can be healed and not aware of it in a way. Sometimes it takes practice to begin living as a healed person because a lot of our coping mechanisms are habits and it takes at least 21 days to change a habit (as long as it is replaced with another). One has to make the choice to change the habits. It's all about leaving the newly unnecessary baggage behind.